- Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry that takes place in congregations that use the Stephen Series system. Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
- A Stephen Minister is:
* A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
* A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
*A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
* A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
*Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need.
- Stephen Ministers care for people facing tough times, such as: loss of a loved one, hospitalization, divorce or separation, loneliness or discouragement, spiritual crisis, unemployment or financial crisis, terminal illness, chronic illness, and many more.
- If you feel a Stephen Minister could help you get through a difficult time, contact the church office. All inquiries are kept 100% confidential.